Saturday, October 28, 2006

We are cloth diapering!

OMG, yes you heard that right! Brodin had a never ending diaper rash. I tried tons of different diaper creams, even prescription ones. A fellow mom friend of mine recommended that it may be the disposable diapers I am using so I tried a few brands to no avail. I posted on the babycenter message board re: this never ending issue and a girl posted back that I should try to use cloth diapers because they breathe better. I told her she was nuts. I could never dunk a diaper in the toilet or put a pin near my baby's bottom and she told me new cloth diapers don't have pins, they are super soft microfleece and dunking nowadays isn't required sooo I took a look, bought one diaper, then I was hooked!

Brodin's rash has improved dramatically, the diapers are super cute and easy to clean. As an added bonus I'm saving money and preventing a lot of waste, but really it is all about the cute, softer than soft diapers. They are so super soft that I don't even like disposables anymore. If I had known it was so easy I would have done the same with Keegan, wished I would have known since it would have saved me a ton plus they are more fun. If you have to spend your money on something, why not spend it on something a bit more fun hey?

I swear I'm not weird and I'm not trying to create a movement, I just feel like I found a better way. My favorite brand so far is called BumGenius!, they are sold by Cottonbabies at www.cottonbabies.com, check out their blog if you are interested: Cotton Babies Cloth Diapers Blog: People still use cloth diapers

I'll post some pics of his new dipes soon.

Ali

No comments: